Qualifying households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers.
Eligible households can enroll through a participating broadband provider or directly with the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) using an online or mail in application. Additional benefits are available for households on tribal lands.
You can learn more about the benefit, including eligibility and enrollment information, or apply by visiting www.fcc.gov/ACP, or by calling 877-384-2575.
What is it?
The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC program that helps connect families and households struggling to afford internet service.
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides:
- Up to $30/month discount for broadband service;
- Up to $75/month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands; and
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider if the household contributes more than $10 but less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who Is Eligible?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income internet program;
- Participates in one of these assistance programs:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
- or Lifeline;
- Participates in one of these assistance programs and lives on Qualifying Tribal lands:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start (income based)
Check out fcc.gov/ACP for a Consumer FAQ and other program resources.
Two-Steps to Enroll
Go to AffordableConnectivity.gov to submit an application or print out a mail-in application; and
Contact your preferred participating provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete.
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
Call 877-384-2575 or find more information about the Affordable Connectivity Program at fcc.gov/ACP
Get ready for a day of excitement and fun at Saugerties High School's much-anticipated Spring Carnival, scheduled for Saturday, March 29, from 10 AM to 3 PM.
The Saugerties High School Drama Club proudly present Les Misérables: School Edition.
Saugerties Central School District is in the process of developing its Strategic Plan, a vital blueprint that clearly defines our priorities and our vision for all students over the next several years.
Be on the lookout for the Saugerties Central School District Winter Newsletter, soon to arrive in mailboxes throughout the community.
Mark your calendars for a fantastic day of shopping and community fun at this year's French Club Flea Market!